Finally got around to machine polishing (Pics)

Let's have all of your detailing advice, stories, pictures and any thing at all to do with detailing our cars.
Gav325ci
BMW Enthusiast
Car model: 2005 BMW E46 325ci

Finally got around to machine polishing (Pics)

Post by Gav325ci » 02 Apr 2017, 19:04

Been busy today, got the Ferm polisher out, I'm off work for a week, been a nice day today so why not. Even went out near Belvoir Castle for a little drive. :d

Used Meguairs Ultimate Compound, Autoglym Super Resin Polish, and HD Wax to finish off, give the engine bay a little detail aswell all in all a productive day :thumbup:

M60NJP
Site Owner
Car model: 135i M Sport
Isetta 300

Re: Finally got around to machine polishing (Pics)

Post by M60NJP » 02 Apr 2017, 19:44

Looking good!

cockneyrebel
BMW Enthusiast
Car model: bmw E36 saloon.

Post by cockneyrebel » 02 Apr 2017, 19:45

That's a very nice shine, :clap:

Gav325ci
BMW Enthusiast

Post by Gav325ci » 02 Apr 2017, 19:50

Cheers fellas, my back knows about it now though =))

BMWCharlie
BMW Enthusiast
Car model: 325i Sport E46, 330d SE Touring E90
118d SE F20

Post by BMWCharlie » 02 Apr 2017, 22:11

Ooh! That's nice and shiny!

That's a really smart looking Coupe, you have their.

I really need to machine polish my E46, been meaning too for ages. Also need to do my E90 at some point too.

Meguires Ulitmate compound's really good stuff. I haven't found anything better yet!

Gav325ci
BMW Enthusiast

Post by Gav325ci » 02 Apr 2017, 22:22

BMWCharlie wrote:Ooh! That's nice and shiny!

I really need to machine polish my E46, been meaning too for ages. Also need to do my E90 at some point too.

Meguires Ulitmate compound's really good stuff. I haven't found anything better yet!
Thanks Charlie, took me a while to find one I liked though spec wise, and there's a lot of rough ones out there lol :thumbup:

Meguairs do some fantastic products, one thing I will say about the ultimate compound when using a machine though is make sure the surface has been washed thoroughly and clay barred, otherwise it can clog up fairly quickly if that makes sense? Other than that it's brilliant stuff. Meguairs is my go to although I wouldn't mind trying other brands such as Autobrite :-?

BMWCharlie
BMW Enthusiast
118d SE F20

Post by BMWCharlie » 02 Apr 2017, 22:56

Gav325ci wrote:

Thanks Charlie, took me a while to find one I liked though spec wise, and there's a lot of rough ones out there lol :thumbup:

Meguairs do some fantastic products, one thing I will say about the ultimate compound when using a machine though is make sure the surface has been washed thoroughly and clay barred, otherwise it can clog up fairly quickly if that makes sense? Other than that it's brilliant stuff. Meguairs is my go to although I wouldn't mind trying other brands such as Autobrite :-?
Yeah, I always clay bar before machine polishing, so that it doesn't clog up, as you say. Meguairs products are generally my preferred choice too. I have the Ultimate compound, the Ultimate polish, the tyre dressing, and the quick detail spray. All good products, but a mate of mine has put me on to Adams products!
The only one of these I have tried is called H2O Guard and Gloss, which is a quick detail spray, and is amazing. You only have to wash the car, rinse off the soapy water, then a panel at a time, one quick squirt of Guard and Gloss, wipe over the panel with a damp Micro fibre cloth, then buff off with a dry Micro fibre cloth, and you have a nice shiny car. No need to dry the car off before applying a detail spray!

It was certainly worth the effort to hunt down the example you have, as it's a beauty.

Gav325ci
BMW Enthusiast

Post by Gav325ci » 03 Apr 2017, 11:44

BMWCharlie wrote:
Gav325ci wrote:

Yeah, I always clay bar before machine polishing, so that it doesn't clog up, as you say. Meguairs products are generally my preferred choice too. I have the Ultimate compound, the Ultimate polish, the tyre dressing, and the quick detail spray. All good products, but a mate of mine has put me on to Adams products!
The only one of these I have tried is called H2O Guard and Gloss, which is a quick detail spray, and is amazing. You only have to wash the car, rinse off the soapy water, then a panel at a time, one quick squirt of Guard and Gloss, wipe over the panel with a damp Micro fibre cloth, then buff off with a dry Micro fibre cloth, and you have a nice shiny car. No need to dry the car off before applying a detail spray!

It was certainly worth the effort to hunt down the example you have, as it's a beauty.
I will look into that H20 stuff sounds good for a quick fix. I usually wash the car and use showroom shine once dry to give it a nice finish again. Thanks for the info mate :thumbup:

BMWCharlie
BMW Enthusiast
118d SE F20

Post by BMWCharlie » 03 Apr 2017, 21:56

Your welcome! It's good stuff, and great if you haven't got much time, but you want a clean shiny car. I washed my E90, and wiped it over with the H2O stuff, in just over 30 minutes. I had a nice shiny car that looked like I'd spent hours polishing it!
Result!

Gus247
BMW Enthusiast
Car model: '98 E36 323iSE Touring
'12 F31 330d Touring

Post by Gus247 » 04 Apr 2017, 07:32

Looking very nice bud... well worth the effort (and the suffering!!) :))
aka Andy

BMW Forum UK

Return to “Detailing Section”