Ergonomics

theotherjohn
BMW Enthusiast
Car model: F20 118dA

Ergonomics

Post by theotherjohn » 22 Sep 2012, 11:32

I've only had the car for 11 days & so am still getting used to it, but -
Has anyone else found it nigh on impossible to adjust thin the criose control marking in the speedometer & the external temperature at the bottom of the display are visible at the same time?
I think that the VW arrangements for switching foglights by pulling the ratary light switch is better than the BMW push buttons which (for me at least) are hidden behind the steering wheel

M60NJP
Site Owner
Car model: 135i M Sport
Isetta 300

Re: Ergonomics

Post by M60NJP » 22 Sep 2012, 11:40

theotherjohn wrote:I've only had the car for 11 days & so am still getting used to it, but -
Has anyone else found it nigh on impossible to adjust thin the criose control marking in the speedometer & the external temperature at the bottom of the display are visible at the same time?
I think that the VW arrangements for switching foglights by pulling the ratary light switch is better than the BMW push buttons which (for me at least) are hidden behind the steering wheel
I've not got cruise control so haven't really had that issue (E82) I do agree the fog lights are a right faff, being hard to see in the first place and fiddly to operate - true on many cars and maybe explains the preponderance of fog lights left on (chavs excepted!)?

scoots
BMW Enthusiast
Car model: 98 323/325i coupe

Post by scoots » 22 Sep 2012, 11:53

M60NJP wrote:
theotherjohn wrote:I've only had the car for 11 days & so am still getting used to it, but -
I've not got cruise control so haven't really had that issue (E82) I do agree the fog lights are a right faff, being hard to see in the first place and fiddly to operate - true on many cars and maybe explains the preponderance of fog lights left on (chavs excepted!)?
=)) =)) =))

jashammy
BMW Enthusiast
Car model: 645 e64 2004 atlantic blue

Post by jashammy » 22 Sep 2012, 13:36

I get on fine with the cruise control on mine only used it a couple of times,the main problem i have is i cant see the indicators,i like to drop the steering wheel down which meens i have to dip my head to make sure ive switched them off & as there so bloody sensitive its really easy to push it right over to the other side & i cant see ive knocked it over when driving,really wish they were in the centre of the display not on the far edges

"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member"

Return to “Interior”