Nissan qashc**p

Many if us have other cars/motorbikes which aren't Baveria's finest.....threads about them go here!
ACS_MARK
BMW Enthusiast
Car model: E36 323ci ACS

Nissan qashc**p

Post by ACS_MARK » 21 Apr 2016, 13:40

Afternoon all.

Question for all that have had probs with main dealers.

Bought a qashqai about 6 months ago for the wife (first mistake I know), it's 3 1/2 years old, fully loaded so thought happy days!
Had an engine management light throw up after about 3 months which required new exhaust section and the discs and pads were trashed which they gladly replaced on warranty.

Over the past six months we've had an intermittent fault with the gears, only when going from reverse to first and only occasionally. They took it back in on Monday to have a look. Turns out the master cylinder and flywheel are completely shot which they are happy to replace under warranty.

My issue is this, as the flywheel has hit the self destruct button it's worn the clutch in two places down to the rivets also cracking it and Nissan say they are not prepared to put a knackered clutch back in which is fair enough. BUT they won't cover the clutch under warranty as its a wear and tear part. Struggling to see how this is right as the car only has 35k on the clock and the un worn parts of the clutch has plenty of meat on it. They've admitted the uneven wear and cracks have been caused by the faulty flywheel but still want £300 for a clutch.

Any advice greatly received

Mark

theguvnor
BMW Enthusiast
Car model: E46 M3 Vert
E34 520i SE Touring
Porsche 944 2.7

Re: Nissan qashc**p

Post by theguvnor » 21 Apr 2016, 14:15

You'll always struggle getting a clutch under warranty as it comes under the wear and tear clause . But if I remember right I think it's 'fair wear and tear'. If it's states that in the warranty ( Cared4 I take it ?) I'd try and have them on it not being fair wear and tear as the damage has been caused by the flywheel. There is the point that the clutch has worn as it should do as well, and how much life left in the clutch is something that's ' down to driving style ' but I'd imagine you should've had another 20k out of it at least. My best guess is kick up a fuss and look to settle at you paying £150. You have the option to complain first off to the Dealer Principle, and also Nissan GB if you aren't happy. But first check that small print regarding wear and tear. Good luck mate.

M60NJP
Site Owner
Car model: 135i M Sport
Isetta 300

Post by M60NJP » 21 Apr 2016, 14:28

Sadly Mark, given Nissan's usual solidity the Squashy seems to be a bit of a dog - I've a regular customer who got rid of an 18th month old one for similar reasons (and then bought a Juke!.....)

It's hard to prove (either way) what the clutch plates were as they were - could be faulty manufacture, cheap/poor quality parts.....but equally could be 'abuse' from the previous owner.

Given the 'box is already off and all the labour is covered by warranty, I wonder £300 is worth spending asyou end up with new plates, bearing as well as flywheel for very little (relatively)? I'll bet you can shave some off the £300 as that's probably 'full retail'........

ACS_MARK
BMW Enthusiast

Post by ACS_MARK » 21 Apr 2016, 15:02

Thanks Neal. Have been back and forward with them today and they say they'll now install it for cost to them which is £150. Not ideal but like you say, clutch system overhaul for £150 is happy days really! Think maybe time to start another Bmw car hunt. She had a 118d before and loved it so may go down that route again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cockneyrebel
BMW Enthusiast
Car model: bmw E36 saloon.

Post by cockneyrebel » 21 Apr 2016, 15:21

Good info Neal / Matt, glad they saw sense Mark.
Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_212 using Tapatalk

theguvnor
BMW Enthusiast
E34 520i SE Touring
Porsche 944 2.7

Post by theguvnor » 21 Apr 2016, 15:25

ACS_MARK wrote:Thanks Neal. Have been back and forward with them today and they say they'll now install it for cost to them which is £150. Not ideal but like you say, clutch system overhaul for £150 is happy days really! Think maybe time to start another Bmw car hunt. She had a 118d before and loved it so may go down that route again

£150 was a good guess!! Must admit now I don't work at a Nissan dealer I don't give them a second glance. And Jukes must be the ugliest new car on sale. But loads of people love em! The Nismo is quite fun if you like that kind of thing.

ACS_MARK
BMW Enthusiast

Post by ACS_MARK » 21 Apr 2016, 15:47

Sorry Matt, your post didn't load for some reason haha. Bang on with £150!! Exactly what I was thinking with the push them but look at settling at £150.
The hardest battles the wife lol. She seems to have lost faith with the car which is understandable but because the finance has not been running that long it's hard to change the car.

ACS_MARK
BMW Enthusiast

Post by ACS_MARK » 21 Apr 2016, 15:47

cockneyrebel wrote:Good info Neal / Matt, glad they saw sense Mark.
Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_212 using Tapatalk
Cheers si

RayB
Site Owner
Car model: 1998 E36 M3 Convertible

Post by RayB » 21 Apr 2016, 17:16

Not good having to come up with the money but a good result for £150 really

theguvnor
BMW Enthusiast
E34 520i SE Touring
Porsche 944 2.7

Post by theguvnor » 21 Apr 2016, 18:10

ACS_MARK wrote:Sorry Matt, your post didn't load for some reason haha. Bang on with £150!! Exactly what I was thinking with the push them but look at settling at £150.
The hardest battles the wife lol. She seems to have lost faith with the car which is understandable but because the finance has not been running that long it's hard to change the car.

Yeah you'll take a massive hit if you've not had it that long. Best advice is see how much the cost to switch is after letting the finance run for a year, still painfull but not quite as much as at 6 months. Fingers crossed it behaves itself!

Return to “Members' Non-BMWs”