My Chevy Astro day van

Many if us have other cars/motorbikes which aren't Baveria's finest.....threads about them go here!
325icabby
BMW Enthusiast
Car model: Subaru Impreza WRX

My Chevy Astro day van

Post by 325icabby » 23 Apr 2016, 22:34

Hi folks :-h

I used to own a white 325i convertable to which I swapped it for a classic Impreza WRX (was my 4th scoob) which I sold and waited about a month for something to take my fancy to which the day van did.
It's not in great condition, but pretty sound and as the body is galvanized, makes quite a bit of difference with our naff weather :(

So it's a 4.3 V6 auto with an LPG conversion. Does around 25 miles to the gallon (if driven like an old fart, to which I fit the criteria). And with LPG near me at 47.9p per gallon, I can't complain too much.It's a 7 seater with the middle chairs being captains chairs which is quite handy for when I fill it with my fishing gear. The rear bench seat folds down in to a double bed, even better for those great/groovy nights :angel: Blue leather seats, blue carpet and door cards. Wooden paneling and limo lights in the rear. The back box fell off on me when I was in Somerset and when I got home I had a side exit made for it.
Plans if I keep it long enough (would be a miracle) is to get dual side exit pipes, lower/stiffen the suspension with 20" wheels instead of the 15" ones that are there atm. Need to get the windows tinted with a darker tint and make the curtains that I bought the material for. Bonnet needs sorting as it flung up on the last owner at 50mph. It's bent on the corners so need to get a new one. Oh and the whole van could really do with re-spray :(
Oh and I got an awning for it, so I can do some camping :d lol

Think that's about it for now and here it is :-\

Image Side exit
Need a limo?
Come and take a look at SHADES Limousines on Facebook or at http://www.shadeslimos.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Metroreg
BMW Enthusiast
Car model: E46 330ci Vert

Re: My Chevy Astro day van

Post by Metroreg » 23 Apr 2016, 22:48

Looks a holiday home inside that but do like your ideas for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MODS TEAM
Sam

BMW Enthusiasts is a free club for everything BMW related

E46 330ci Vert

Check out our new home page! >> BMW Forum

FAB_BMW
BMW Enthusiast
Car model: 2003 E46 330d Sport Touring

Post by FAB_BMW » 24 Apr 2016, 07:25

While I was waiting for the pictures to load, I was positive I was going to hate it, but I actually really like that! How do you find the steering wheel being on the left?

M60NJP
Site Owner
Car model: 135i M Sport
Isetta 300

Post by M60NJP » 24 Apr 2016, 08:39

I have fallen asleep and woken up in thew 1980s TV movie?

Go ahead punk - do you feel lucky? Well do you?

Excellent vehicle....apart from the steering wheel!!

cockneyrebel
BMW Enthusiast
Car model: bmw E36 saloon.

Post by cockneyrebel » 24 Apr 2016, 09:13

Can feel many a Carp night fishing session coming up,
Set the bite alarms hop in to bed,
And wait, excellent.
Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_212 using Tapatalk

Discostew38
BMW Enthusiast
Car model: E34-M5
E36-328 touring
E46-330d touring
Volvo-940

Post by Discostew38 » 24 Apr 2016, 11:29

A bloke I used to work with had one as his daily driver
The styling "inside and out" is so very American
He ended up buying a newer ford econoline day van (I think that's what it was called) that was nice
I have looked into getting one myself in the past "it would have to be a V8 " :razz:
Life's to short to be driving boring cars
It's all about the old school

325icabby
BMW Enthusiast
Car model: Subaru Impreza WRX

Post by 325icabby » 24 Apr 2016, 16:10

I must admit, it's a bit of a bus to drive and with 215/75/15 tyres it bounces around quite a bit. Which is why I would change them to 20" beasties :)
Being a lefty, don't bother me. The Lincoln is also a lefty, so used to it, but being higher up in the van makes over taking much easier. It's got plenty of talk.
It's really comfy and I will be looking at may be kipping in it when fishing. I sometimes sit in the side now with it pointing towards the lake, but the leather is a bit slippery :(
Need a limo?
Come and take a look at SHADES Limousines on Facebook or at http://www.shadeslimos.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Members' Non-BMWs”