2017 Events - A bit different next year!!

As per usual, all BMWE meets and events go here!
M60NJP
Site Owner
Car model: 135i M Sport
Isetta 300

2017 Events - A bit different next year!!

Post by M60NJP » 23 Nov 2016, 07:31

Since the Forum started we’ve attended numerous car events and the vast majority have been successful and appreciated by those who attended. We’ve generally attended events for 2-3 years and then substituted others to maintain interest. To a large extent, the Mod/Admin team have done all the leg-work in terms of organisation etc.

We are aware though that there are many perspectives on what makes an event successful – some folk prefer BMW-only events, others mixed marques, classics vs modern etc etc. When we have canvassed views, there have been many expressed but there’s no single theme that the majority prefer.

For 2017 we’ve decided to try a different approach! If it works, it can be continued in future years, if not we’ll revert to the previous approach.

The Mod/Admin team will put all their efforts into 1-2 ‘Blue Riband’ events, which for 2017 will be Venlo and Venray. Not only are these events very popular, there is much more organisation needed than a ‘typical’ UK event.

For the rest of the year we’re passing the baton over to the members to propose, agree and execute other events: So, if you’ve always fancied going to a particular event and are happy to coordinate with others, post up and we’ll see the level of interest. If the event is sufficiently popular (12+ members confirmed) then the event will be deemed a BMWE event and can be booked using the Forum name, Paypal etc etc.

For historical reasons and based upon feedback from other Forums, BMWE will not support the BMW ‘National’ event at Gaydon. This aside, all events can be proposed. To be clear – any member(s) can of course go wherever they please, this post refers to events which are ‘branded’ BMWE and arranged through the Forum!

Please post up your thoughts and ideas and let’s see where the discussion takes us!!

Prince
BMW Enthusiast
Car model: E46 M3

Re: 2017 Events - A bit different next year!!

Post by Prince » 23 Nov 2016, 11:23

I think this could go either very well or very wrong. I am 100% up for Venlo again. I think we should do Santa Pod and Vanity as they're BMW shows. Yes Santa Pod follows the same format each year but it's growing and a lot of members haven't been to the biggest BMW show in the country which is silly for a BMW club not be a part of it (there's the option of camping overnight as well). Apart from those I'm happy to go to what ever for a day out, except Runway display. :-bd
Matt
E46 M3
E60 530d

M60NJP
Site Owner
Car model: 135i M Sport
Isetta 300

Post by M60NJP » 23 Nov 2016, 11:35

Prince wrote:I think this could go either very well or very wrong. I am 100% up for Venlo again. I think we should do Santa Pod and Vanity as they're BMW shows. Yes Santa Pod follows the same format each year but it's growing and a lot of members haven't been to the biggest BMW show in the country which is silly for a BMW club not be a part of it (there's the option of camping overnight as well). Apart from those I'm happy to go to what ever for a day out, except Runway display. :-bd
Cheers Matt - we figured you'd be one of the early replies!!

So - if you fancy SP create a post and let's see who's interested?

Vanity will be head-to-head with Uxbridge so it'll be interesting to see where the interest lies with those two.

I've renamed Runway to.................Runaway!!

Prince
BMW Enthusiast
Car model: E46 M3

Post by Prince » 23 Nov 2016, 12:53

M60NJP wrote:Vanity will be head-to-head with Uxbridge so it'll be interesting to see where the interest lies with those two.
Uxbridge is a good show with good variety and less travelling but as the biggest BMW forum I think we should support Vanity which will only help make the show better. I guess we'll see what everyone says.
Matt
E46 M3
E60 530d

RayB
Site Owner
Car model: 1998 E36 M3 Convertible

Post by RayB » 24 Nov 2016, 10:54

Certainly a different approach and fingers crossed it works :d

Kind words Matt, much appreciated

M3 back next year as well :thumbup:

Return to “BMWE Meets & Events 2017”