EWS 2 Delete Siemens ECU - My guide

Coopster
BMW Enthusiast
Car model: 318i Touring
318i saloon

EWS 2 Delete Siemens ECU - My guide

Post by Coopster » 19 Nov 2015, 19:50

I hid my chip and the antenna ring somewhere in my dashboard so nobody but me could start the car. This proved an issue out on track when i stalled it as i had my harness on and had to take it off all the time and was a ball ache!

I have a M52 engine with a Siemens ECU DME MS41 i think it was. (Everyone else seems to have a Bosch)

I sent my ecu off to have the ews delete off of it as it wasn't the case of plug and play with it.

I then had to cut and bridge the 2 wires off the ews box that is located behind the glove box, The wires you will be looking for are pin #1 which is black/yellow and pin #3 green/black. They are the 2 thickest wires in the connector.

Blank the 2 cut ends on the connector, Re attach ecu then the battery and she should be ready to fire up!

In some cases you may need to cut wire #4 which is thin and green (This wire sends the signal to the ecu)
I did cut this first time round and my car wouldn't start so i joined the wire back up and i kept the 2 wires bridged and she fire up straight away and every time since :)

pin #1 Black and yellow - Starter motor
pin #3 Green and black - Ignition
pin #4 Green - Signal to Ecu

This may help others it may not. I just thought i would share the information just in case anyone ever needs to. My car used to be a 1.8 and had a engine conversion to a 2.5.

Metroreg
Car model: E46 330ci Vert

Re: EWS 2 Delete Siemens ECU - My guide

Post by Metroreg » 19 Nov 2015, 19:55

Great thread done the same thing to my vert the last owner changed all the locks and gave me a problem when getting a new key from the dealers, got the ring and the old key in the dashboard, also installed an immobiliser to stop engine start
MODS TEAM
Sam

BMW Enthusiasts is a free club for everything BMW related

E46 330ci Vert

Check out our new home page! >> BMW Forum

Coopster
BMW Enthusiast
Car model: 318i Touring
318i saloon

Re: EWS 2 Delete Siemens ECU - My guide

Post by Coopster » 19 Nov 2015, 20:03

I understand your pain. It seems to be the norm with these E36's, I bought a coupe which had the key and ring under the dashboard I didn't know it was there until i started modifying it, It explained why the key fob locked and unlocked the car and the key would only work in the ignition!

Return to “Electrical”