Ncs expert coding

barnesautos
BMW Enthusiast

Ncs expert coding

Post by barnesautos » 22 May 2018, 19:13

Does anyone know , if I code my iPod in to my e61 2004 and it don’t work , will I need to swap my main unit with one from a newer car as that’ll have the MP3 function . Is that right ?

I’ve not coded anything yet , just asking as I’ve read early cars still don’t work after coding .

I have swapped over the cd in the glove box with the iPod unit , it displays the bmw emblem on the iPod and also charges .
That’s a good sign isn’t it ?

Any info greatly appreciated.

RayB
Site Owner
Car model: 1998 E36 M3 Convertible

Re: Ncs expert coding

Post by RayB » 22 May 2018, 19:18

@Maxwell is your man for this

barnesautos
BMW Enthusiast

Post by barnesautos » 22 May 2018, 19:21

@RayB - thanks for the tag for maxwell , I’m a new e61 owner and getting to grips with all this coding , well it’s a daunting task , but I do understand it , which helps I guess .

RayB
Site Owner
Car model: 1998 E36 M3 Convertible

Post by RayB » 22 May 2018, 19:27

If you understand it he'll certainly be able to point you in the right direction.

barnesautos
BMW Enthusiast

Post by barnesautos » 22 May 2018, 19:29

That’s great .

Maxwell
BMW Enthusiast
Car model: F13 M6
E53 3.0d

Post by Maxwell » 23 May 2018, 07:12

Never had anything to do with this as I hate everything Apple :))

However I would start by checking your iLevel as it may need to be updated, assuming your iLevel is capable of handling the iPod interface then you should add the IPOD option to the VO and VO code the car with NCS.

Do not under any circumstances use WinkFP to update iLevel for any module that on the MOST ring unless you have Icom A/B interface this is because WinkFP will allow you to flash the bootloader to these modules (which is done on KCAN) but then you cannot flash the new firmware as it switches to Fibre Optic mode (MOST) and you must be connected with Icom B to the MOST port if you are not this then leaves the module in an unprogrammed state which can only be recovered by Icom B.

VO coding is safe(ish) for all modules.

barnesautos
BMW Enthusiast

Post by barnesautos » 23 May 2018, 09:22

Maxwell wrote:Never had anything to do with this as I hate everything Apple :))

However I would start by checking your iLevel as it may need to be updated, assuming your iLevel is capable of handling the iPod interface then you should add the IPOD option to the VO and VO code the car with NCS.

Do not under any circumstances use WinkFP to update iLevel for any module that on the MOST ring unless you have Icom A/B interface this is because WinkFP will allow you to flash the bootloader to these modules (which is done on KCAN) but then you cannot flash the new firmware as it switches to Fibre Optic mode (MOST) and you must be connected with Icom B to the MOST port if you are not this then leaves the module in an unprogrammed state which can only be recovered by Icom B.

VO coding is safe(ish) for all modules.

Ok understood , I don’t want to mess anything .
Thanks for the reply.

Can I check the I-level myself with ncs expert ? Or is there another tool ?

Also I found these guys quite local to me , I’ll enquire about an update .
Anyone used them ?
IMG_8834.JPG

Return to “In Car Entertainment”