BMW E64 645ci convertible A result with the exhaust people!

Lewy
BMW Enthusiast
Car model: E63 M6 & E36/7 Z3 2.8

BMW E64 645ci convertible A result with the exhaust people!

Post by Lewy » 11 May 2012, 13:13

OK guys, some may remember the fun and games I had with my exhaust and more importantly, the fitters kept on screwing it up. The problems are still there now so I decided to write to the company (some may know who but possibly better to leave their name out of it for now) to see what they were prepared to do about it, originally asking for my money back and a contribution towards rectifying it and to fix the bumper which keeps getting burned by the moving pipes. All in all the claim was for a grand, but if they came back with something reasonable I'd look at it.

Well they did, they've just written back and offer a full refund for the £345 paid which will come in handy but they've also offered for me to go back to them under the owners supervision they'll sort the problems out. Whilst I appreciate their offer, I'm not sure if:

a) I should push them a bit more to get something towards the damaged bumper

and

b) Do I trust them to go anywhere near my car again?

Answers on a postcard =))

Gus247
BMW Enthusiast
Car model: '98 E36 323iSE Touring
'12 F31 330d Touring

Re: BMW E64 645ci convertible A result with the exhaust peop

Post by Gus247 » 11 May 2012, 13:22

That's good news mate... it's great that they've offered a refund but you've still got the issue of the bumper to resolve... so even IF they do manage to sort it properly this time, you'll still be left with damage inflifcted by their shoddy service/product..... Your call mate but I'd be hoping to get something toward the cost of repair for the inconvenience/devaluation etc...
aka Andy

BMW Forum UK

E36 lover
BMW Enthusiast
Car model: BMW E36 328i sport/E46 318ci

Re: BMW E64 645ci convertible A result with the exhaust peop

Post by E36 lover » 11 May 2012, 13:31

let them do the work and while the boss is there show him the extent of the damage to the bumper :thumbup:
Gareth

Return to “Exhaust”