Motor Sport Edition Highline M635 CSI for sale

Captain_Fantastic
BMW Enthusiast
Car model: Bmw e46 325i

Motor Sport Edition Highline M635 CSI for sale

Post by Captain_Fantastic » 15 Oct 2015, 12:21

I was rummaging around the internet for a bit until i stumbled on this http://classicscentral.co.uk/1989-bmw-m6-highline/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

its for sale at auction, can anyone confirm the rarity of these? (it's said they only made 20 motorsport highlines and this one is one of 5 or something).

M60NJP
Site Owner
Car model: 135i M Sport
Isetta 300

Re: Motor Sport Edition Highline M635 CSI for sale

Post by M60NJP » 15 Oct 2015, 12:50

They are fairly rare, but not necessarily in way which affects their value!!

The official BMW 'line' is:

There were no official special editions of the E24 M635CSi or M6. However, BMW of Great Britain offered an unofficial "Motorsport Edition" of the right-hand drive M635CSi in three special color and trim combinations: Misano Red (236) with Black Nappa Highline leather upholstery, Nogaro Silver metallic (243) with Black Nappa Highline leather upholstery and Macao Blue metallic (250) with Lotus White Nappa Highline leather upholstery. Produced in one consecutive batch of 23 examples between October of 1988 and January of 1989, the "Motorsport Edition" included all of the standard UK M635CSi equipment, plus Shadowline exterior trim and M stripe lapels on the front and rear seats. (Note: Production of the standard RHD M635CSi then resumed for one additional month.)

Note 'unofficial' and the rather limited result of the particular model - a bit of trim basically!!

Edit - there's some useful and interesting information here:

http://www.bigcoupe.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Keep us posted please!!

Captain_Fantastic
BMW Enthusiast
Car model: Bmw e46 325i

Post by Captain_Fantastic » 15 Oct 2015, 13:15

Nice one, cheers mate. Do you know if they made any mechanical tweaks as well?

"During it's production, there were several 'specialty' models built. German tuners Alpina, Hartge, and Schintzer made high-performance models adding their own engine parts, suspension, wheels, interiors and more. Some of these were turbo-charged".

(that link you posted is really useful, thank you)

M60NJP
Site Owner
Car model: 135i M Sport
Isetta 300

Post by M60NJP » 15 Oct 2015, 13:34

Captain_Fantastic wrote:Nice one, cheers mate. Do you know if they made any mechanical tweaks as well?

"During it's production, there were several 'specialty' models built. German tuners Alpina, Hartge, and Schintzer made high-performance models adding their own engine parts, suspension, wheels, interiors and more. Some of these were turbo-charged".

(that link you posted is really useful, thank you)
I don't believe there were BMW-factory tweaked versions, but I've certainly seen Alpina versions (but they may have been dealer Alpinas which aren't the same as 'real' Alpinas), Hartge and ACS are after-market so there's no doubt some somewhere. Never seen a turbo one......but there's usuallyone of everything imaginable somewhere in the World!!

Return to “General”