Mid Wales Cruise July, Anyone Fancy it?

Watch this space for our national and local meets / events. They are great to join in so don't be shy, everybody was new once :) ALL members are welcome - even if you've sold the BMW and got something else!!

Re: Mid Wales Cruise July, Anyone Fancy it?

Postby csl1973 » 06 Nov 2014, 19:10

Sorry to bump such an old thread. I was searching something and I saw this. Me and a few mates do a yearly run around Wales from telford. It's Covers alot of North to mid Wales and lasts most the day. We even go on the evo triangle and other areas around. If interested I can keep you updated and let's you know dates near the time. Usually between may and June time.
csl1973
BMW Enthusiast

Car model: E86 Z4 coupe 3.0si

Postby M60NJP » 06 Nov 2014, 19:13

csl1973 wrote:Sorry to bump such an old thread. I was searching something and I saw this. Me and a few mates do a yearly run around Wales from telford. It's Covers alot of North to mid Wales and lasts most the day. We even go on the evo triangle and other areas around. If interested I can keep you updated and let's you know dates near the time. Usually between may and June time.

A long way off, but please do post up nearer the time. We've a lot of members along he route, but do have a perpetual struggle getting them to come out to play each year!!
M60NJP
Site Owner

Car model: 135i M Sport
Isetta 300

Postby csl1973 » 06 Nov 2014, 19:15

I always like to start an early plan as some drop oit as others come in late. So thought I would start planning in Jan/Feb time
csl1973
BMW Enthusiast

Car model: E86 Z4 coupe 3.0si

Postby neilx6 » 07 Nov 2014, 11:28

Would be interested in this bud but to get more interest perhaps think about a get together on the Saturday night as most of us
would clearly be travelling to get to Telford, for me its over 100 miles away plus a god awfull journey :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
neilx6
BMW Enthusiast

Car model: e71 4.0d x6

Postby DavidAF » 11 Jun 2015, 10:54

Hi
Although I am very new to the enthusiasts I have over 40 years experience of BMW ownership and have never used a forum before for communication but as your idea of a trip to Mid Wales is a good one I wondered if by living in Aberystwyth for over twenty years and being brought up in what is now Telford I might be able to help any of those interested and provide a day out that most one day visitors would not be able to plan but in writing this please don't think I am criticising your route ideas.
Of course for those serious drivers who ever fancy real excitement a night drive through the mountains is something I am able to enjoy in total isolation after coming home from long days out on the English motorways (70s road freedom in the latest X6m50d just how it should be)
The first idea is that with my contacts at Rybrook BMW Shrewsbury perhaps this could be a great start point for everyone with a view to forging a link with them.

I don't know where this post is going but I will send it anyway
I don't even know how you sign off such things
In my day Yours Sincerely was the norm!!!!
DavidAF
BMW Enthusiast

Car model: Many BMWs

Postby DavidAF » 11 Jun 2015, 11:34

I would whole heartedly agree that a weekend would be better and allow much more freedom to enjoy the area.
For instance I have a friend and classic BMW enthusiast who owns a very nice hotel in Mid Wales and these are the things local knowledge can help to make a full weekend
DavidAF
BMW Enthusiast

Car model: Many BMWs

Postby RayB » 11 Jun 2015, 12:08

This certainly sounds interesting and one I'd like to be a part of.

During our recent visit to Venlo some were saying that an overnight stay meant we had time to relax, have some fun and get to know each other. We all tend to visit shows, go our separate ways for the vast amount of the time then get together for a chat towards the end of the day.

We are currently in discussion about a meet in August so this may well be a possibility and go on the short list. My only concern is that with doing Venlo and Silverstone in the same year along with this, we end up becoming a forum that only caters for those that have deep pockets.

Thoughts from members would be appreciated..............
RayB
Site Owner

Car model: 1998 E36 M3 Convertible

Postby Discostew38 » 11 Jun 2015, 13:12

All sounds good to me so far but it's been an expensive year so far
With that said a two day Welsh cruise (with local knowledge) is very tempting and I know 329jay is well up for another overnight trip after the holland trip
The biggest problem for me will be "when"
Got two shows in July so that's out and because of my work rota I can only do one weekend in August that I've already booked off (as it happens we was talking about doing a Scottish road trip that weekend) so this would fit in nicely

If not I'd be happy to do it next year as long as these plenty of notice so I can book it off work :thumbup:

PS
If we did do it we would need to plan plenty of stopping points along the trip so Sam can catch up =))
Life's to short to be driving boring cars
It's all about the old school
Discostew38
BMW Enthusiast

Car model: E34-M5
E36-328 touring
E46-330d touring
Volvo-940

Postby Metroreg » 11 Jun 2015, 13:18

Haha thanks for the confidence in me lol

If we did this a weekend would be good as shown at venlo we could have a laugh eg at me having the slowest car out of the 9 cars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MODS TEAM
Sam

BMW Enthusiasts is a free club for everything BMW related

E46 330ci Vert

Check out our new home page! >> BMW Forum
Metroreg

Car model: E46 330ci Vert

Postby Discostew38 » 11 Jun 2015, 13:33

Metroreg wrote:Haha thanks for the confidence in me lol

If we did this a weekend would be good as shown at venlo we could have a laugh eg at me having the slowest car out of the 9 cars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So is that yes from you :thumbup: "you know you want to"

I've done this sort of thing many times but it's usually just me and the wife only because I get bored staying in the same place for to long so we end up touring round
Life's to short to be driving boring cars
It's all about the old school
Discostew38
BMW Enthusiast

Car model: E34-M5
E36-328 touring
E46-330d touring
Volvo-940

PreviousNext

Return to BMWE Meets and events